Ruby has exclusive bright pink to blood red color, being the most famed and fabled red gemstone. a variety of the mineralcorundum (aluminium oxide) The color of a ruby is due to the element chromium., it is a most beautiful gemstone because of hardness, durability, luster, and its very much rare. It’s very rare to find good clarity larger size ruby Ruby is the red variety of the mineral Corundum. Sapphire, By heating up to 1600C on different time condition ruby can improve the color. Comparing to sapphires ruby is very expensive and rare gem stone. Most of the good color rubies comes from Burma and African countries. Sri Lankan rubies are more likely pink color, we call hot pink .
|Refractive Index||1.76 – 1.77|
|SG||3.9 – 4.1|
|Transparency||Transparent to opaque|
|Luster||Vitreous to adamantine|
|Cleavage||None, but may exhibit parting|
• Burma Ruby – Ruby from Burma; synonym of Burmese Ruby.
• Burmese Ruby – Ruby with an exceptional red color (usually but not necessarily from Burma). Occasionally also used to describe synthetic Ruby.
• Pigeon’s Blood Ruby – Highly-desirable form of Ruby of a blood-red color with a hint of blue.
• Ruby Fuschite – Describes a dark red Ruby in a green Fuschite mica matrix found in India.
• Ruby Zoisite – Mixture of opaque red Ruby in green Zoisite from Tanzania. Ruby Zoisite has pretty contrast and is used as a minor gemstone, being polished into cabochons and carved into ornamental figures.
• Star Ruby – Well-known form of Ruby displaying asterism, most often in the form of a six-rayed star.